Protecting our Employees and the Environment
As a Popeyes® Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. (PLKI) employee, you are responsible for helping maintain a safe work environment for your own well-being and that of your coworkers. You should immediately report all on-the-job accidents or any other workplace concerns.
We depend on you to maintain a workplace that is completely free from weapons, threats, alcohol, illegal drugs and any other illegal substances—and from employees acting under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances.
PLKI also has a global commitment to protect our environment and natural resources. Individually and as a company, we use sound environmental practices, promote energy conservation and are continually looking for ways to improve our environmental protection efforts.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy working environment.
- PLKI also has a global commitment to protect our environment and natural resources. Individually and as a company, we use sound environmental practices, promote energy conservation and are continually looking for ways to improve our environmental protection efforts.
- Employees are responsible at all times to comply with posted warnings and regulations as well as environmental, health and safety laws.
- Employees should immediately report to their supervisors any injuries or other accidents, as well as safety infractions or concerns.
- Weapons are forbidden on PLKI premises for any reason.
- Violent acts or threats on PLKI premises or while conducting business on behalf of PLKI will not be tolerated.
Policy: We maintain a drug-free and alcohol-free work environment.As a result:
- The use, possession, sale or transfer of alcohol, illegal drugs or other illegal substances while on the job is prohibited.
- Reporting to work under the influence of such substances is prohibited.
- Consuming alcohol, illegal drugs or other illegal substances in any situation that might adversely reflect upon PLKI or its employees is prohibited.
- The proper use of prescribed drugs is permitted, as long as it does not endanger other individuals or impair an employee’s ability to perform job-related duties safely.
- If a Corporate Officer specifically authorizes an occasion, limited alcohol consumption may be permitted on PLKI premises or on company time, subject to any applicable state or local laws relating to alcohol consumption. In this case, employees must exercise good judgment not to abuse alcohol.
- Alcohol consumption is never permitted in any vehicle being used for PLKI business.
Policy: PLKI complies with all federal, state and local regulations, promotes energy and natural resource conservation, and requires responsible environmental practices from all employees.As a result:
- We are committed to protecting the environment and its natural resources.
- We use sound environmental practices.
- We seek new ways to operate in an environmentally conscious manner.
- Our employees should challenge themselves to be sensitive to environmental issues as they perform their duties.
Policy: We will not knowingly acquire or lease contaminated property.As a result:
- An appropriate Environmental Site Assessment must be obtained prior to acquisition or lease.
- While we may, in rare cases, consider acquiring or leasing high-risk or contaminated property that is undergoing remediation, we will require certain legal assurances before proceeding with the acquisition or lease.
- The lease or purchase agreement must represent the status of the property and the extent of the seller's liability.
- We maintain insurance coverage against environmental contamination, including unknown environmental liability, on every property that we acquire or lease.
Policy: PLKI endeavors to be an environmentally responsible corporate neighbor. Each employee is responsible for complying with applicable PLKI policies and procedures, as well as with applicable laws and regulations.
- We have established numerous environmental and pollution control programs and operating procedures to address our environmental responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Disposing of trash, waste, wastewater and grease properly
- Recycling reusable materials and purchasing products containing recycled materials
- Cleaning and maintaining grease traps
- Conserving energy
- We are designing sites to manage storm water runoff.
- Specific operating procedures may be posted at each restaurant.